Are you struggling to get a good night’s sleep due to the increased squeakiness of your bed frame? Are you and your partner struggling to keep it quiet while having a good time in the bedroom? Then, what you need is a more quiet bed frame. Using a sturdy and stable bed frame, you don’t have to worry about the annoying squeaky sounds every time you move.
A high quality quiet bed frame doesn’t only guarantee a good night’s sleep and privacy but positively impacts overall health as well. While you can find a wide variety of options on the market, we’ve made the search easier for you. Below, we’ve compiled the list of the top 10 quietest bed frames available this year – choose your favorite unit so you can begin to enjoy better sleep and an excitingly more private sex life.
Note: The links in the titles lead to the Amazon product page of each bed frame, where you can see the current price, ratings and more details. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you.
With this frame you don’t have to worry about investing in a box spring. Featuring a proprietary SmartBase heavy steel platform, this bed frame allows you to lay your memory foam or spring mattress directly above it.
With this design, you will also enjoy a quick and tool-free assembly. All you need to do is split the sides using your hands and place the mattress on top.
Thanks to the steel wires placed 4 inches apart, you will enjoy increased stability without your mattress sagging.
At the bottom, the quiet bed frame is fitted with plastic capped legs so your floor is never scratched. With a clearance of up to 13 inches under the frame, you have generous storage space to place your valuables – be it jewelry boxes or shoes.
- Platform bed frame type
- 13 inch under frame clearance
- 500 lb. weight capacity
- 13 inch under frame clearance to store additional items
- No tools required for the installation process
- Supports a high weight capacity of up to 500 lbs. – enough for two adults
- Reinforced steel base with steel wires adequately support your mattress without needing a box spring
- Available in sizes ranging from narrow twin to California king
- It has no mattress railings
Thanks to the sturdy metal framework, the bed frame delivers optimal support whilst the wooden legs prevent noises on the floor. Its poly jacquard cover on the other end gives it a classy and elegant look.
In fact, you can choose to purchase the bed frame in a choice of up to three colors, i.e. gray, beige, or navy.
Underneath the poly cover, you will have adequate storage space thanks to the 11.5 inches of under frame clearance. Plus, to make installation easier, this award-winning bed frame features a bolt free quick snap assembly for convenient and quick set up.
- Steel platform bed frame type
- 5 inches of under frame clearance
- Wooden legs and steel frame
- Comes with elastic loops and hooks to hold the cover in place
- No box spring is required for this bed frame
- Award-winning bed frame for its innovative design and assembly
- Built with a sturdy steel framework for optimal support
- The fabric cover improves its overall look and style
- The bed frame is a bit too heavy
For a super stable and durable quietest bed frame, you can’t go wrong with the Ziors 14 Inch Steel & Wooden Slat Support Reinforced Bed Frame. The bed frame features a uniquely integrated structure with reinforced legs and silent cushioning gasket to prevent squeaking and sliding.
Thanks to the silent cushioning gasket, you will also enjoy a noise-free sleep with no shakes or structural twisting. Designed with steel frames and wooden slats, the bed frame is high tensile and durable.
Its multiple point’s bed legs and wooden slats deliver excellent support and increase the lifespan of your mattress by up to 20% compared to similar bed frames.
For added functionality, the bed frame comes with 12-floor protector pads and 2 EPE cotton hollow tubes to protect against noises and scratches. With these pads, you get to forget the pain of accidentally knocking your toes on the bed legs as well.
- Wooden platform bed frame type
- 14-inch high profile
- 5 inches of under frame clearance
- Headboard compatible design
- The integrated compact design makes it easy and quick to assemble
- Comes with free floor protector pads and cotton hollow tubes to prevent from hurting your toes when you accidentally hit the bed frame
- Unique structure, reinforced legs, and silent cushioning gasket enhance its functionality and prevent noise
- Steel wood combination provides extra strength and support
- It doesn’t come with additional support railings
If you are looking for a good quality traditional bed frame, then, the Zinus Michelle Compact Adjustable Steel Frame is what you need. This quiet bed frame is designed for use with a spring box foundation and mattress to guarantee maximum support.
However, this is not all the bed frame offers.
Built with innovatively adjustable width of between 38.5 inches and 60 inches, the bed frame allows you to use it with a twin, king, or queen sized mattress – without needing any additional tools.
Additionally, the bed frame features a center support bar design with three middle legs to offer extra stability. Its recessed outer legs and headboard compatibility also allow you to customize the bed however you want.
- Best traditional quietest bed frame
- Adjustable width between 38.5 and 60 inches
- 3-in-1 twin, king and queen size
- 70 inches long by 7 inches high
- The bed frame allows you to use a twin, king, or queen sized mattress
- headboard compatible build
- The center support bar and three middle legs enhance the frame’s stability
- A box spring enhances its stability and support
- Recessed outer legs support a headboard easily
- Lightweight build yet it supports a high load capacity
- The traditional design means you will not have extra under frame storage
The AmazonBasics Foldable 14″ Metal Platform Bed Frame features an innovative framework design that accentuates its functionality. The super sturdy metal frame boasts a raised rectangular shaped design with horizontal panels and cross rows of wires to effectively support your mattress.
Thanks to this design, you don’t need any box springs for support. With this design, you will experience a noiseless night even if you a rough sleeper who constantly rolls over.
Additionally, the cross wire rows and horizontal panels offer ample support to individuals that weight a total of up to 250 lbs.
Its innovative folding mechanism on the other end allows you to store the bed frame in tight spaces. Plus, you don’t have to invest in expensive tools to install it because all you need are strong arms to unfold the bed.With this bed frame, you don’t need to invest in a new mattress if your old one is still in mint condition. The bed frame is built to accommodate any type of mattress.
- Best quietest bed frame for compact spaces
- Metal platform bed frame type
- 13 inch under bed frame clearance
- 250 lb. weight capacity
- Foldable design to make it easier to store in tight spaces
- Guaranteed quiet and noiseless foundation
- No tools are required during installation
- Comes in a choice of sizes from twin to California king
- Accommodates a wide range of mattresses
- Extra care should be taken during installation, it can easily injure your fingers
Built with a headboard and footboard, the SimLife Metal Twin Platform Bed Frame offers added comfort. Whether you want to comfortably prop your pillow against the platform or rest on it when typing on your laptop, this is a perfect choice.
Thanks to its simple design and adequate size, the bed frame is perfect for any user – adults or young boys and girls. To enhance comfort, the bed frame also comes with steel slats.
The steel constructed bed frame and full length guard rails offer increased safety and comfort when sleeping.
The strong steel tubing on the other end offers optimal support to the mattress without allowing it to sag. A middle backbone offers extra support whilst also making it convenient during transportation. Additionally, the bed frame boasts a simple yet stylish black finish to add class to any room.
- Best quietest bed frame for the money
- Platform bed frame type
- 7-inch under frame clearance
- 7-inch headboard and 23.8-inch footboard
- Strong steel tubing supports the mattress without needing a box spring
- Constructed with headboard and footboard for maximum support
- Available in full and queen size
- Fitted with a middle backbone for added support and convenience when packing
- Stylish black steel finish
- It only fits one person
Using the Ziyoo 16-Inch platform Bed Frame, you will enjoy great strength, durability, and extra storage space thanks to the wooden slats, steel frame, and increased height profile. Designed with a 2.4-inch thick steel frame, the bed frame is 20% stronger and heavier.
Thanks to this design you will have better support and noiseless sleep. In fact, this strong bed frame is ideally designed for the big and tall folks. Featuring a sub-zone supportive steel and wood construction, the frame increases your mattress life.
This supportive construction is further complemented with the multiple points bed legs and widened wooden slat design. A uniquely integrated structure makes the bed frame more firm, comfortable, and noiseless. It prevents structural twisting as well.
- Platform bed frame type
- 16-inch high profile
- 5 inch under frame clearance
- Thick steel frame and larger dimensions make the frame ideal for big and tall people
- Ideally designed to fit foam mattresses and traditional mattresses – no need for a box spring
- Headboard and footboard compatible
- Widened wooden slats and multiple points bed legs for added support
- The uniquely integrated structure makes the bed frame comfortable, firmer, and noiseless
- You need to disassemble the entire frame to move it from one room to another
Although this bed frame features a simple steel framework, it boasts an impressive load capacity of up to 750 lbs. To complement this incredible construction, the bed frame features steel support braces, anti-slip treads, and a surface grid design for exceptional stability.
With this super strong 14-inch bed frame, you don’t have to worry about using a box spring.
In addition to offering a large load capacity, the bed frame features a 13-inch under frame clearance to allow you to store items underneath.
Furthermore, if you have issues with space, the bed frame is foldable – allowing you to store it in tight spaces. Plus, its installation takes no more than 5 minutes, making it extremely convenient.
- Best quietest bed frames for large people
- Metal platform bed frame type
- 13-inch under frame clearance
- 750 lb. load capacity
- The bed frame boasts a large load capacity
- The foldable design allows you to store it anywhere
- Supports a wide range of mattress types
- Built with steel support braces, anti-slip treads, and a surface grid design for maximum support
- The installation takes no longer than 5 minutes
- The mattress slides sometimes – so you may need to purchase a rubber grip pad
This quiet bed frame features a round corner style that optimizes support. Integrating a strong steel framework and steel slats, the bed frame offers incredible support and strength to any mattress type.
In fact, thanks to this design, your mattress life span is increased whilst also preventing sagging at any time.With its metal platform style, you don’t need to worry about getting a box spring. At the bottom, the bed frame legs are fitted with foam padding which prevents movement whilst also preventing noises.
Built with a 16-inch high profile, the bed frame offers an under frame space of up to 14 inches tall to give your belongings more room. Plus, thanks to its minimalistic design, you only need minutes to fully set it up.
- Best quiet bed frame for different mattress types
- Metal platform bed frame style
- 16-inch high profile
- 14-inch under frame clearance
- Available in twin, full, queen, and king sizes
- Built with strong steel slats that enhance mattress life span and prevent sagging
- Increased under frame storage space
- Round corner shape for added support
- Can be used with any mattress
- The center bars are somewhat short
Using this bed frame, you can opt to go with or without a box spring. Designed with an 18-inch high profile, you will also enjoy more under frame storage space to store more items compared the standard 14-inch bed frames.
At the bottom, the bed frame is fitted with plastic legs to prevent from scratching your floor. To make installation easier for you, the bed frame comes with all the necessary tools and a detailed guide to help you put it together.
In case you need to add a separately bought headboard, the bed frame lets you do so thanks to its headboard compatibility. If you want to move the bed, the foldable steel bracket makes it very easy to transport.
- Most durable quiet bed frame
- Metal platform frame bed type
- 18-inch high profile
- 5 inches long by 55.5 inches wide
- The bed frame allows you to use it with or without a box spring
- Its 18-inch tall profile provides extra under frame clearance for more storage space
- Built with heavy duty steel slats to prevent slipping
- Plastic legs prevent from scratching your floor
- Foldable steel bracket makes it easy to transport the bed frame
- A box spring mattress will make it very high
Buyer’s Guide For Quietest Bed Frames
When looking for a quiet bed frame, you must consider several key features. Doing so allows you to choose the perfect option for your preferences. Below, we’ve outlined the most important features to look for when choosing the top quietest bed frames.
The best way to ensure a bed frame is not squeaky is by going for a sturdy one. Key features to look for when choosing a sturdy bed frame include extra leg support and sturdy materials such as hardwood or steel.
Size And Weight
The easiest way to ensure your bed frame is never squeaky and noisy is by getting an adequate size. You want a bed frame that is adequately sized to support your mattress and your weight.
With that said, it is impractical to opt for a twin bed frame if you are a couple. Similarly, if you and your partner have larger body profiles, it is always a good idea to go for at least a king sized frame to be able to support your bodies and the mattress.
Additionally, many bed frames on the market come with a recommended weight limit. It is important to follow this guideline as it ensures that the frame offers ample support and doesn’t squeak.
Most importantly, always purchase a bed frame designed to fit your mattress size. Generally, it is easy to know what type of mattress you have, whether it’s a twin or queen sized mattress. The standard dimensions for each mattress size are as follows;
- Twin – 38 by 75 inches
- Double- 53/54 by 75 inches
- Queen – 60 by 80 inches
- King – 76 by 80 inches
- California King – 72 by 84 inches
When choosing the top quietest bed frame to invest in, always consider the material. Generally, you will find two types of bed frames,i.e. wooden and steel frames. Whilst wooden frames, especially natural hardwood, offer great durability, they are favored for their aesthetics. Most people love wooden frames for their stylish look.
Steel bed frames on the other end tend to be sturdy and don’t crack or chip away. Nevertheless, each bed frame has its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each bed frame to help you determine which is best for your needs.
Pros of Wooden Bed Frames
- Natural wooden bed frames offer a robust stability system
- Wood is more stylish and offers more aesthetics
- Wooden frames are easily quiet compared to steel ones that come with bolts
- Easier to customize
- Eco friendly and recyclable
- Provides an extra layer of stability and support
- Flexible design choices
Cons of Wooden Bed Frames
- Wooden bed frames are somewhat expensive
- Untreated wood is susceptible to bug infestation
Pros of Steel Bed Frames
- Standard steel bed frame for small beds is significantly lower priced than wooden ones
- Provides sturdier and stronger support to large mattresses
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Fireproof and heat retardant
- Lighter than wooden frames
- Some are wheel to make mobility easier
- Cannot be attacked by bugs
- Easy to paint
- Safe for kids
Cons of Steel Bed Frames
- Susceptible to material damage than wooden frames
- Less sophisticated than wood
- Difficult to recycle
- Squeak and screech over time
- Susceptible to rust
- Possible unstable welding
Bed Frame Type
In addition to the frame material, you will also come across two types of bed frames, i.e. traditional and platform. A traditional bed frame features a simple combination using a box spring. Such bed frame types include a head, foot, and side rails. Additionally, they come with additional slat or rail support.
These types of bed frames are further fitted with a box spring to help support the mattress. Without a box spring, the mattress easily sags. Usually made from steel, these frames are extremely durable, however, quite limited when it comes to style and aesthetics.
Platform bed frames on the other end are quite similar to traditional ones. Like traditional bed frames, they feature a head, foot, and side rail support. Yet, they are designed with more slat support and don’t require box springs. They are normally made from wood, metal, or laminate.
Headboard And Footboard
Having a headboard and footboard on your bed frame depends on your preferences. These two parts of the bed frame don’t only accentuate the style and aesthetics but also offer grip and support. A headboard, for example, can be used to prop up a pillow so you can comfortably work on your bed.
Additionally, for couples who want to get intimate, a headboard and footboard offer excellent support when you are in action as well. However, if you plan on being too active on the bed, you want to make sure that the headboard and footboard are securely fastened so you don’t make loud and awkward sounds.
The responsiveness of your bed frame highly depends on your choice of mattress. However, its features contribute as well. For example, if you and your partner are too heavy for the bed frame, you will not enjoy comfortable responsiveness. Instead, you will experience sagging around the middle of the frame. This may even lead to premature damage to your bed frame.
It is not always easy to gauge the quality of the top quietest bed frames when choosing one. The easiest way to do so is to examine the key features and to see if they suffice your needs. Additionally, you can easily gauge the quality of a bed frame by going through real customer reviews for legitimate sources.
After a few reviews, you will have a better understanding of the frame design and its functionality. Because it’s not always easy to gauge the quality of a bed frame, always opt for a seller with a flexible return policy. Doing so allows you to easily return or exchange the frame for a different model, in case it doesn’t work out for you.
It’s always a good idea to establish a budget for your bed frame. As previously mentioned, wooden bed frames are more expensive than steel ones. So you will find yourself spending more if you go for a wooden frame. Nevertheless, it is worth the purchase – you will enjoy better aesthetics, support, and of course, durability.
However, the pricing is not only determined by the material. For example, a frame that has intricate designs will cost more than a simple one. Additionally, a treat hardwood frame will probably be more expensive than an MDF laminate one. However, a high price tag doesn’t necessarily mean high quality and durability. You can also find very good quality and durable bed frame at a cheaper price.
Q: How Do I Fix A Squeaky Wooden Bed Frame?
A: Depending on how damaged it is, there are plenty of ways to fix a wooden bed frame. Some of the common ways to fix the noisy wooden bed frame include padding the area between the frame and mattress, tightening and lubricating its bolts and spring box coils, interchanging the box spring, adding a buffer, or applying wax.
Q: How Do I Prevent My Bed Frame From Making Noises?
A: As weird as it sounds, your bed needs occasional maintenance at least once a month. During this time, check ford dry bolts, loose blots, wooden slats that have slip out of place, or unstable legs. If you notice dry or loose bolts, lubricate and tighten them respectively. For wooden slats, simply return them in place. However, if you notice more damage than you can fix, such as unstable legs, call a professional to help fix the problem.
Learn more: How to stop a wooden bed frame from squeaking
Q: Will The Leg Supports On My Bedframe Scratch The Floor?
A: No, generally your bed frame legs are designed to prevent scratching the wall. To ensure your legs don’t do this, opt for taped or padded legs. You can easily tape the legs in your home as well to prevent the bed from moving and making noises. As a tip, always go for large legs to help balance your bed and prevent it from moving – even mid-sex.
Q: How Do u Stop My Bed Slats From Making Noise?
A: To quiet your bed slats, simply add a buffer between each slat. You can do this at home by simply lining a pair of old socks or old t-shirts between each slat. The clothing acts as a buffer between the mattress and the bed frame; thus, eliminating friction points that create the noise.
Whether you want to enjoy a night of uninterrupted sleep or simply want to get intimate with your partner without alerting the neighbors, a sturdy and quiet bed frame is the answer.
Our personal top pick for the best bed frame is the Zinus Shawn 14 Inch Metal SmartBase Bed Frame. Our favorite picks for wooden and steel frame construction is the Zinus Justina Quick Snap Standing Mattress Foundation.